Who We Are
With more than 30 years of home renovation experience, and commercial and industrial construction experience, we know structures and systems, and can find problems that are not always obvious.
Donald has educational training in engineering from the University of Virginia and a degree in Computer Science. He also has more than four years of training and experience in disability access to buildings and technology from a stint at the Department of Defense headquarters.
The goal of MHBI is to provide a detailed and understandable picture of the home or structure that is inspected, through an in-depth review and logical analysis of the structure and systems using the inspector's knowledge and skills honed through continued training and years of education, study, and years of construction practice.
Buyers can have the confidence and security of knowing what current and future problems might be lurking in their potential purchase, and can make an informed decision based on the information they receive from the home inspection.
Homeowners who are preparing to put their home on the market, might want to know what could or should show up in an inspection. Then, based on the information received from the home inspection, they can make decisions as to what to repair or correct, and can have good information to help them in the proper pricing of their home.
The MHBI Promise
We want you, the customer, to know that we will be there for you even after the inspection is complete. If you are a first-time home buyer, it can be a daunting and challenging time with all the activities that must occur from finding your dream home to being comfortably moved-in and settled. The last thing you need is any surprises. So even though we can't guarantee that there won't be any surprises, we promise to be there to answer any questions, even after you move in, if you have questions, or concerns, or problems arise. That is our promise to you.
• American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI Associate # 258385)
• Member of the ASHI Northern Virginia Chapter
• Member of the ASHI Maryland Chapter
• Member - Independent Home Inspectors of North America (IHINA)
• NADRA Certified Deck & Railing Inspector (2015)
• National Association of Environmentally Responsible Mold Contractors (NAERMC)
• Certified Residential Indoor Air Quality Specialist & Mold Hygienist
• Professional Mold Inspection Institute (PMII) Certified Res.Inspector
• CERTI trained Radon Measurement Technician
• National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP) Exam Completion
• Rad Elec Radon Testing Manufacturer - Certified E-PERM User
• Licensed in the State of Maryland (#32336 - exp. 2019)
• Licensed in the State of Virginia (#338000-1044) + NRS (New Homes)
• DC Home Inspector (no licensing in DC)